4 MINUTE READ…
THE 7 REASONS
- Decrease in mortality rate – A study surveying more than 50,000 walkers in the United Kingdom found regularly walking at an average, brisk or fast pace was associated with a 20% reduction in all-cause mortality
- Experience all the benefits of running, without the injury! Moderate-intensity walking shows a similarly visible reduction in risk for heart disease, high cholesterol, diabetes and high blood pressure, when compared to vigorous-intensity running.
- Improve your social life! Pick a route, grab a friend or two, and before you know it you’re all caught up on the latest gossip while completing your daily exercise requirement.
- A walk can improve your resting heart rate. Having a low resting heart rate is a sign of an efficiently working heart which lowers the risk of any cardiovascular disease
- Fresh air and Blood flow – After potentially a day at the office sitting for 8 hours, allocate some time to stretch your legs and get the blood flowing. We are so used to going home after a long day and slumping on the couch, falling asleep, and repeating. You will be surprised what a stroll in mother nature can do for your body and mind after being cooped up in an office! See how you go.
- Improve creativity – some of the most innovative and hard working individuals on the planet take daily strolls to come up with their next idea, speech, or pitch. If they are doing it, why aren’t you? The next big idea is around the corner… why can’t it be yours?
- Improve your mindfulness – Walking can help relieve stress and anxiety. We so often get caught up in thoughts that are overwhelming but also insignificant. Be present when walking, take in the space around you and stay grounded. This will help you focus on what is truly important. It will help you let go of your worries.
If you’ve made it this far, or you’ve just skipped to the bottom, know that I appreciate you reading this, and hopefully after reading this piece you’ll lace up those sneakers and head out for a walk.
If you think this post can help others get off the couch and stretch their legs, please share to your friends, family and social media. After all, our main objective here at OBN is to help people lead a healthier, happier, longer life.
Let’s start with a walk.
Keep reading and you will be the first person to hear about OBN Active. We will be coordinating FREE active sessions to our customers and community.
The mission? Make the world a happier place by helping the individual become more active.
These sessions will include but are not limited to:
- Group fitness sessions coordinated by qualified personal trainers
- Yoga experiences from qualified teachers
- Meditation experiences
- Running clubs
- Much, much more
What is required to attend these Active sessions?
- Positive attitude towards every session
- Excited to become a more active you
- Focus on team work and helping other crew members
- Push other crew members
- PUSH YOURSELF
This is the first bit of indirect marketing of OBN Active. If you are interested in joining our community follow us on social media @optimisedbynature
Most importantly, visit our home page and sign up to our newsletter. This will give you exclusive information on OBN Active sessions and how to book. Our first active session will be posted very soon.
All sessions are free. Yes, Free.
Interest will be high, limited spots will be available so please be vigilant on our social media platforms.
This is a movement, let’s heal the world and get active.
Thank you for reading.